Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Who Needs our Help?


Now that warmer days are slowly happening on consecutive days, I find myself sitting on my deck more and overlooking my pond.  On my deck is where most of my thoughts come to me on what I should share in my writings.  In a previous blog I had written I had thrown out some questions to everyone that I ask myself daily.  What is my purpose?  Why am I here?  How can I help others?  I want to attempt the question,” How can I help others”, today.  The question intrigues me and I brainstorm throughout the days of what is it, I myself can personally do to help individuals and our community.  Sometimes I will see a show or hear a radio topic about what others are doing.  Each of their personal stories makes me smile and feel that there really is kindness outside of what the media reports on.
In one news story I heard years ago, a woman in San Francisco would buy and make winter gloves.  She would then deliver them to the homeless people on the streets.  How simple, yet how powerful and moving?  Another story I like to share with others is about a dear friend I have.  She would make a huge full course meal every Thursday and bring it to a Soup Kitchen to serve.  Sounds simple right?  At the time she was doing this she had 2 children under the age of five and one on the way.  How selfless and amazing this act was!  I did not know how she managed this task, but every Thursday like clockwork she made it happen.  (Another bonus; she is a fantastic cook).
I am still trying to figure out what type of service I can provide.  I do help women with health and fitness, which I am completely passionate about, however I know there, is something more I could be doing to help others.  I am still searching and would love to hear all of your thoughts, advice and opinions.  What is it you do or would like to do to help your community?  There are many people out there that need some type of assistance.  How can we provide?  Avery and I have been discussing this for about a year now and would love to include her friends.  I believe if children can start at a young age with philanthropy the world can only change for the better in the future.
In the near future my website will be up and ready to go!  It will incorporate all of these daily questions I have with all of the passions I already practice.  I want all of you to be the heart of this site.  Because of you and your wonderful feedback with my blogs we can only get better, help more, be peaceful and be aware!  Peace!

No comments:

Post a Comment