Friday, April 1, 2011

Off the Top of my Head....

Good Morning!
I was sort of struggling this week on the next topic and finally said, “Screw it!”  I turned on my laptop and here I am typing.  I was listening to Wayne Dyer yesterday and he had stated that he does not even own a computer!  He simply sits, listens to his inner voices and just writes.  That sounded way to easy as well as intriguing.   I figured all of you would not mind being my “guinea pigs,” while I tried this type of technique as well.  So here I go! 
Why am I here?  What brought me to this time and what is my purpose?  Hmmm……why do I enjoy writing?  What can I do to help others?  Why are all of these questions coming to me right now?  Is this my inner self speaking?  It must be, so I will go with it.  Okay, let me start with the first question of why am I here. 
Apparently on September 26th, 1971 God was ready for me to make another appearance into this world.  Why?  I certainly did not know at this point coming out 6lbs 14 oz that’s for sure.  My biological mother certainly wasn’t ready for this as well.  Eight short weeks later she gave me up for adoption.  It’s funny, thru out my life being adopted was never a big deal.  Some people however really found this either fascinating or ultimately sad.  I could never understand why.  People would always either say one of the two things.  “Are you ever going to look for her?” Or the other famous statement, “I’m sure she loved you very much, and you will certainly find her someday.”  I really did not think much about either of those statements.  At some point later on I did want to try and find her, but was not obsessed with the thought.  My biological mother gave up her rights on November 18th 1971, on November 19th the next day; the two most amazing people gave me the best gift ever, a purpose.  I know for certain this is one definite reason I am here.   My mother was unable to conceive so the next best option?  Adoption!  She got her chance of becoming a mom and thank goodness I got the chance for not only survival (thanks to my biological mother), but also a wonderful life experience.  Another reason I am here?  Well, eventually I wanted to find my biological mom to thank her for giving me a incredible chance with a loving family!  How I found her is a whole other story that I will share another time, but to keep it short, here is the ending of it.  I called her when I received her name after a 20 year search (told you it was long).  This is pretty much how it went; after 3 rings the woman that gave me life said “Hello”?
Every cell and piece of energy inside me tingled.  It was her voice!  I actually got to hear this woman’s voice and she was alive!  I snapped myself back into reality and said, “Is Sheila there”?  She stated, “This is her”.  From there I sounded like a stumbling fool, but who cares?  I went on to tell her that I had found some information that I wanted to share with her.  I told her I was born on September 26th 1971 and she was my mother.  You really could have heard a cotton ball drop.  Nothing on the other end but silence.  So, I kept on rambling,  I said I know this is definitely a shock and I apologize for just spontaneously calling but I really wanted to contact you.  I still continued, “I would love to meet you but understand if it is not something you want. “ She slowly said, “No, No I do not want contact”.  Just like that!  It did hit me a bit hard, but being the determined being I am I told her that I respected that, however I do have something I need to tell you before we hang up.  I said it just like I had imagined I would for the past 38 years!  “I want to thank you so much for what you did.  You gave me the best life and I will always be grateful to you.  I really thought you may want to know that” She said, “I am happy to hear you had a good life, thank you”.   When we hung up, I was not done.  I wrote her a 4 page letter, put some pictures of my family and then my mom and dad wrote a letter as well which I enclosed.  Eventually after a couple of years we did have a wonderful meeting.  She pretty much knew when she had me she was giving me up for adoption.  She could not afford taking care of a child and would have been a single mom if she would have kept me.  I did not need any reason from her at any time in my life of why she could not have raised me.  That never mattered to me nor was it an issue for me while I was growing up.  After our meeting I could tell she was very relieved that we got the chance to unite.  We are now friends and do correspond through letters. 
I know there are many more reasons why I am here.  Each day we do things, meet people and try new things.  I am here for all of those reasons and a million more to come in the future!  I believe we are all connected and I am embracing each moment and making certain my vibration is always filled with happiness!  Remember, “True and lasting happiness will come into your life the day you get the clear realization that you can overcome any weakness.  The day you realize that your subconscious can solve your problems, heal your body, and prosper you beyond your fondest dreams.” Dr Joseph Murphy       So, BE HAPPY!
So, there is my story for the day, and I will hopefully get to the other questions at another time.  My favorite question?  What is my purpose? I am still trying to figure that one out. Peace…

No comments:

Post a Comment